Episode #77 – Hot Sauce Industry History Chat with Chip Hearn of Peppers and CaJohn Hard of CaJohn’s Fiery Foods
In the second part of his coverage of the NYC Hot Sauce Expo, Scott chat with Hot Sauce Hall of Fame Nominees Chip Hearn of Peppers and John “CaJohn” Hard of CaJohn’s Fiery Foods, as they talk about the history of the fiery foods industry. Ken Alexander also discusses whether or not to refrigerate hot sauces, and Scott has sage advice on his to get rid of mosquitoes around camp sites.
Links mentioned in the episode:
The Firecast is Sponsored in Part By:
- Chilehead Tees – Are you a heat freak? Whether you love hot sauce, chile peppers, buffalo wings, BBQ, bacon, or anything dealing with fiery & spicy foods, this is the place to get t-shirts and swag to show off your obsession.
- Sucklebusters – Texas BBQ Rubs, BBQ Sauces & Texas GunPowder! SuckleBusters is preferred by competition BBQ Cooks, and has won numerous awards including back-to-back 1st Place sauce wins at the American Royal – the World series of BBQ competitions.
- Dr. BBQ’s Low & Slow BBQ at Home Online Barbecue Class
Other Links mentioned in the episode:
- Ken’s Fiery World
- The Firecast Podcast Page on iTunes – please rate and review!
- Scott Roberts’ Blog
- Scott Roberts Twitter Page
- Scott Roberts’ YouTube Channel
Click Above to Listen to This Episode Now!